Work at Blueline
Landscape Architects and Designers
The desire to grow and learn is highly valued at Blueline and by our clients. We want people to succeed and grow in their career. The skills and responsibilities presented below are a guideline, but most importantly, we want great people. If you feel like you would be a good fit, we want to talk with you. Ideal candidates will be self-starters with a creative design sensibility. We are looking for people with a proactive communication style, an eagerness to learn, and the desire to progress quickly in their career. Responsibilities will be diverse and may include preparation of conceptual landscape plans, site development plans, site feasibility studies, master plans, neighborhood plans, and contract administration. These positions have the potential to be quickly promoted should skillset and ability be developed and/or proven. Those hired will be encouraged to build and maintain a professional network and develop long-term meaningful relationships with clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of landscape plans which focus on softscape and/or hardscape elements.
- Development of material schedules and cost estimates for landscape design and construction projects.
Entry Level to 5 years of Experience
- Base map preparation.
- Production of permit & construction detail packages.
- Site visits during construction.
5+ years of Experience
- Establish, build upon, and maintain positive client relationships.
- Manage production of plans and specifications.
- Assist with design concept plans.
- Attend and present at design review meetings.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to be an effective member of multi-disciplinary teams (with planners, engineers, and architects).
- Ability to understand client needs and communicate ideas.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations in a variety of group settings.
- Experience with construction detailing (preferred but can be trained).
- Ability to efficiently develop and/or edit scaled site plans and landscape plans.
- Highly motivated person in visual illustrations (SketchUp and Lumion preferred).
- Attention to detail and passion for design excellence.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve desired results with limited direction.
- General knowledge of current, sustainable site concepts.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelor’s (or advanced) degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Land F/X.
- Experience with Sketchup and Lumion.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES (5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE)
- Licensed Landscape Architect in Washington State (or in process).
Define problems, collect and establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions. Provide solutions to project problems.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and jurisdictional regulations and codes. Ability to write correspondence, applications, and memos. Ability to effectively report project status information to other employees of the organization. Ability to respond to inquiries from management, employees, and clients.