Work at Blueline
Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will champion our recruiting and retention efforts. This includes developing and implementing effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified, and capable talent for the organization. This role works with senior management in developing strategies to recruit and retain a strong work force and promotes Blueline as an employer of choice in the community.
The Human Resource Generalist will also run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including, continuing our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, supporting the overall hiring process, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and maintaining company policies and practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Recruits passive candidates who are currently employed.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions. Works with management to assess and plan developmental opportunities for employees.
- Assists interested employees with career pathing and their Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Assists Discipline Leads with developing, conducting, tracking, and/or evaluating training or professional development opportunities as requested.
- Coordinates the preparation and processing of employee performance reviews and evaluations.
- Develops and conducts “stay” interviews towards the goal of strengthening employee retention strategies.
- Conducts offboarding interviews with resigning or retiring employees, tracking reasons for voluntary terminations to inform future HR recruitment strategies.
- Processes all related forms and notices related to same, and facilitates the collection of keys, parking passes, computer system access, and other items as required.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Champions company Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Participates in and contributes to our BUILD (DEI) Committee.
- Coordinates with our outside DEI consultants.
- Makes recommendations related to furthering our company mission of providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Handles onboarding of new employees including, documentation, internal coordination, two-week schedule creation, and new hire orientations.
- Spearheads employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and applicant-tracking systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, highly preferred.
- Candidates with equivalent experience will be strongly considered.
- 2+ years of experience recruiting active and passive candidates.
- 2+ years of experience in a Human Resources role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax, and copy machines.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
PHR or SPHR preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.