Work at Blueline
The Engineering Drafter is responsible for working with the Project Manager, Professional Engineers, and Designers on private residential/commercial development projects and public municipal projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This position essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use Autodesk Civil 3d to create plan and profile views for roadways, grading, and utilities including storm drainage facilities, sanitary sewer systems, and water distribution systems.
- Review and draft rough sketches, drawings, redlines, etc. as provided by the Project Engineer and/or Designer.
- Determine scale and perform mathematical calculations that require knowledge of geometry, algebra, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Manage documentation and drawing files.
- Follow Blueline design and CAD standards.
- Create, edit, and label alignments, Civil 3D parcels, and corridors.
- Create, use, and edit Civil 3D labels
- Manage, data reference, label and interact with a Civil 3D surface.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visualize 3-dimensionally when given a 2-dimensional sketch.
- Thorough understanding of land development industry and the role of Civil Engineering in it.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, as well as clients and industry professionals.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
- Dependability and thoroughness.
- 2+ years in an engineering drafter role (preferred).
- Past project experience is recommended in the following area: subdivisions, mixed-use, and commercial land development projects.
- Drafting certificate required.
- Proficiency using Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 or better(2016 preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to convert data analysis to enable users to understand data and make informed decisions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence.