Work at Blueline
Manages the Client’s project goals, objectives, and expectations and serves as the primary liaison between the Client and Blueline. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a designated project to ensure goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed schedule and budget parameters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assume accountability for the financial goals set by the Profit Center Lead.
- Prepare and negotiate project schedules, proposals, contracts, and ASAs. Review project proposals to determine time frame and budget for overall projects, and sub-tasks within the projects.
- Determine project’s critical path and effectively orchestrate project team (internally and externally) to meet project deadlines and budget.
- Plan workload daily, weekly, and monthly, and modify schedules or commitments as required according to Clients’ and other Blueline Project Managers’ deadlines/timeframes.
- Expedite the permitting and entitlement process within established timeframes internally with project team and externally by negotiating solutions with jurisdictional staff.
- Confer with project staff to discuss scope, outline work plan, and assign duties and responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside sub-consultants, and coordinate and direct their work as applicable.
- Prepare project reports for management, clients, or others, including preparing monthly billing and invoicing of projects, quickly, efficiently, and proactively and provide a detailed summary of monthly project holds and write-offs.
- Relay staffing needs to the Profit Center Lead.
- Provide annual 360-degree reviews of their team members to their Supervisor.
- Relay training needs of their team members to the Discipline Leads.
- Actively provide feedback on team members to Supervisors for Immediate Impact Awards.
- Assume responsibility for design accuracy and effectiveness. This includes the Project Manager’s own designs and any design overseen as a Project Manager. Design elements may include the following: lot and site layouts; roadways; grading; erosion control, and utilities including storm drainage (including vaults and storage ponds), sanitary sewers, water systems; and other associated improvements.
- Research and follow jurisdictional requirements unique to each project.
- Create rough sketches, drawings, redlines, and other specifications for design and drafting staff.
- Perform complex mathematical calculations using extensive knowledge of calculus, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Present project details at meetings and public hearings.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Blueline Clients to be considered a trusted advisor.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, public agencies, design team members, and the community.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with existing good clients, tactfully separate from existing bad clients.
- Have a clear understanding of all services, disciplines, and roles of the company and our subconsultants, and accurately convey what the Blueline team has to offer to current and prospective clients.
- Regularly act as an ambassador and recognize opportunities to market the company.
- Work with Blueline’s marketing staff and assist in executing marketing strategies and objectives.
- Travel to and participate in trade shows or industry events when necessary.
Lead, plan, assign, and direct work to Blueline project teams, which may include Project Engineers, EITs, Designers, Drafters, Landscape Architects, Planners, and Administrative staff. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, and reviewing their performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong research and report writing skills.
- Thorough understanding of land development industry and Blueline’s role in it.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, clients and industry professionals.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 6 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
- Experience in the local AEC industry is preferred.
- Experience with managing client relationships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Civil3d and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax, and copy machines.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSES
Licensed professional engineer registered in the state of Washington is preferred.
Define problems, collect and establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions. Provide solutions to individual and company problems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operational instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees and present information to Blueline’s leadership group.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.